[sylpheed:36796] Re: Send a custom HTML page as HTML e-mail

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:19:12 JST 2019

Antonio Ospite to Anton Shepelev:

> > Antonio Ospite:
> >
> > > Raw messages can be edited in Sylpheed by adding an
> > > "Action" (see Configuration -> Actions), for example I
> > > have an "Edit message" action which calls "gvim -f
> > > %F".
> > >
> > > Let us know if that works.
> >
> > I have Sylpheed 3.7.0, but see no Actions menu under
> > Configuration. It has only four general entries in my
> > case:
> >
> >    Common preferences...
> >    Filter settings...
> >    Template...
> >    Plugin manager...
>
> Mmh, I see you are on Windows, maybe Actions are not
> available there?  I am not sure

Strange.  There is no reason to exclude this feature on
Windows, and the manual does not mention that it is
platform-dependent...  Of course, the Windows and POSIX APIs
to execute an external process differ, but they can be
generalised via conditional compilation.

> Maybe you can save the message in "Drafts" folder,
> manually edit it with an external editor outside of
> Sylpheed and reopen it in Sylpheed to send it.

Bad luck.  Sylpheed changes `alternative' back to `mixed'
while sending the draft.

--
Please, do not forward replies to my e-mail.