[sylpheed:36717] Re: some noob questions

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.com
Wed May 23 07:22:36 JST 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 12:10:52 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> > Another question: after setup from a mail account i have a *alias*
> > of this mailaccount. How can i set up the Alias for one mailaccount?
> >
> > Sorry, i have read this first:
> > http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/doc/faq/en/sylpheed-faq-2.html But, i
> > don't find any "alias" setup help.
>
> It depends upon what you mean by "alias". What do you mean?
>
> I have aliases set up with my ISP and use filters to separate the
> emails addressed to the various aliases. They are picked up by my
> default account from my ISP and would normally end up in the default
> mailbox. With filters, they are separated into mailboxes for each
> alias.

I have several aliases and alternate addresses through the same email
company (Fastmail), separate from my ISP. In Sylpheed, I set each
up as as individual account but they get the same settings as the main
account. When I "Get all" in Sylpheed, it goes through each of the
addresses, drawing off Fastmail's server.

Gene