[sylpheed:36704] Re: Proper HTML rendering for select mails?

Till Kolditz till.kolditz at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:10:49 JST 2018

> On Tue, 1 May 2018 12:10:11 +0200 Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In recent years, I have been getting more and more emails which
> > contain vital information in formated HTML[1] and I end up starting
> > thunderbird to read those mails. Thus, I wanted to ask whether it
> > would be possible to add some HTML rendering capabilities to sylpheed,
> > that are by default off, but can be switched on for individual mails
> > (doing that each time I open said mail would be good enough) so that
> > these mails could be read properly as well?
>
> You can set up Sylpheed, as I have, to open HTML emails in your web
> browser. That will meet your needs.
>

> Craig

Hi Gene,

I understood your initial querstion a bit differently and maybe I can provide a solution to another aspect of your problem. These links inside the mail open up your browser with a dedicated URL. You don't need this, when the mail contains an html *attechment* (IMHO it is not really an attechment in the strict sense). When the mail also contains such an HTML part, you will see the attachment list view button (and also the attachment symbol in the folder content view). Select your mail, then open the attachment list view, then (for me this works under windows) double click the HTML attachment and you will see your MAIL CONTENT in the web browser. You can verify this as the browser's address line should show a "file://" URL which points to some html-file on your disk. HTH!

Cheers,
Till