[sylpheed:36718] IPv6?

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Fri Jun 29 19:44:39 JST 2018

Hello Hiroyuki,

yesterday I observed that sylpheed could not connect to my mailserver but s_client could.
Obviously s_client used the IPv6 address and sylpheed used the IPv4 adress.
The hotline of my provider confirmed that there was a network problem affecting IPv4.

Is it correct that sylpheed does not speak IPv6?
If this is the case please add IPv6 support.
The IETF has declared IPv6 the official protocol. IPv4 is deprecated.

Cheers,
        Frank