[sylpheed:36733] different fonts for different unicode ranges

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Jul 20 03:52:16 JST 2018

Hi,

I have a weird idea. I often have to switch between different font sizes,
because my standard font is good for text using latin alphabet (or derivatives
thereof) but too small for pretty much anything else. Emojis are one class
of characters that are too small, but CJK characters also belong to the
category of "too small" or rather "need to change font to make them readable".

Thus, would it be possible to have different fonts (and sizes) specified
for specific ranges of the unicode set? E.g. as standard font use
DejaVu Sans 8pt, for U+1f300 to U+1f9ff (smileys and such) use Symbola 12pt
and for U+4E00 to U+9FFF (CJK range) use Mincho Gothic 14pt

Is something like this already possible? If yes, how would I configure
this? If not, could such support be added?

			Attila Kinali

--
<JaberWorky>	The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.