[sylpheed:36658] Persisting keybinds

Nicholas Gordon nmgordon at memphis.edu
Fri Jan 12 06:47:49 JST 2018

Hello,

I have tried everything to get keybinds in Syplheed 3.5.1 to persist, but I can't. I have tried enabling "gtk-can-change-accels" and that works *for that session*,  but when I close and re-start sylpheed, the key binds have gone.

I have tried manually editing ~/.sylpheed-2.0/menurc when Sylpheed is not running, noting that the keybinds I want, "mark as read" have no keybind. Then, I try to set them in an identical way to how the others are set. Save the file, and then I start and close sylpheed again, only to find it has reverted my changes.

I don't understand what's happening here, and I don't want to make the file un-modifiable because it doesn't even appear that those files are being read...

Any thoughts?

--
-Nick Gordon