[sylpheed:36533] Re: Mail filters don't work reliably

Merlin Büge merlinbuege at web.de
Thu Mar 9 05:13:23 JST 2017

Hi,

sorry for the big delay...

Here are the two log files. As I described in my last mail, each log
should contain a message bypassing the filter:

> When the first message bypassed the filter, I quit Sylpheed, and
> started it again in debug mode. I clicked on the INBOX with that
> message, and so it automatically fetched new mails again (this happens
> when you click on an INBOX in Sylpheed). It fetched only one, namely
> the second message which bypassed the filter. Then I quit Sylpheed
> again, and restarted it in debug mode. Selecting the two messages and
> applying the filters manually via "Tools/Filter selected messages"
> worked fine.

In any case, the first (big) log file should contain (at least) one
such message.

Unfortunately, I have problem identifying the message within the log
file. When I view the source code of the first message, at the top it
says:

I thought that number 3203 would identify the mail on my mail server,
but it does not appear in the log.

Sometimes in the log there's a line like:
[13:30:18] IMAP4> 30805 UID FETCH 1:* (UID FLAGS)

Here, 30805 looks like it identified the mail. But I guess that in turn
does not appear in the message source...

Does anybody have a suggestion where I could go from here?

Thanks!

Merlin