[sylpheed:36525] Re: Sequence in account display

Rien Mertens rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Thu Mar 2 20:40:00 JST 2017

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 20:54:40 +0100
Javier <sylfiger at gmx.com> wrote:

> The only way to change how the accounts are displayed in the window
> tree is by editing the XML file folderlist.xml. Before edit it, even
> though Sylpheed does backups of that file, make your own too, just in
> case. And even better, of the whole Sylpheed Mail folders (where you
> have set your folders).

> Just move the desired account, delimited as told above, from one
> place to another. Cut and paste, in other words. I'd wish we could
> have an editor, but that is the way to do that (maybe there is
> available one editor now somewhere but I don't use the latest
> version). But, also, Linux might have some XML editor. I bet for it ;)
>
> The process is quite safe. I have done several times in my
> installation, so, don't worry.

I did so (with leafpad) after stopping Sylpheed, and this seemed quite easy.
The result was that nothing seemed to have changed after reopening SylPheed?
I checked what happened, and found that after restaarting Sylpheed the modified file was use as ~/.sylpheed-2.0/folderlist.xml.bak and the original file was put in place ~/.sylpheed-2.0/folderlist.xml
The folder I like to move to the bottom is the main 'mh' folder, I only use imap folders.

--
Rien Mertens   			<rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl>
Mertens Maatwerk         	KvKnmr:  50305980