[sylpheed:36581] Re: new installed sylpheed 3.5.0beta1 (Build 1161) does not download mail?

Wed Jun 14 22:28:33 JST 2017

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:15:03 +0200
Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:

> > The /etc/issue.net will tell you what version you run.
>
> nano /etc/issue.net gives: Debian GNU/Linux 8

Hmm, that is the "stable" version (until saturday). If I were you I'd
upgrade. That's rather simple if you do not muck about too much with
your system.

1) create backup
2) apt-get update
3) apt-get upgrade
nano /etc/apt/sources.list and replace "jessie" with "stretch"
4) apt-get update
5) apt-get dist-upgrade

A few questions will be asked, normally the defaults will be ok

6) reboot
7) apt-get autoremove

$ cat /etc/issue.net will show now:
Debian GNU/Linux 9

I personally prefer the "testing" version as this is a continuously
upgrading version. I have used it for many years now and it works quite
well.

Well, this becomes quite OT I'd say ;-)

R.

--