[sylpheed:36517] IMAP4 & STARTTLS

John Angelico jatalldad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:54:18 JST 2017

My server has increased security by invoking SSL, using STARTTLS.

However, I cannot get Sylpheed 3.5.0 beta1 build 1161 on Linux
3.16.0-4-amd64 (x86_64) Debian Jessie to make a server connection.

Also today Melbourne Australia time we built and tested 3.5.1 but got the
same error - Could not establish a connection to the server

Account Preferences:
Receive: Authentication method LOGIN
Send SMTP Authentication SMTP AUTH checked
Authentication method PLAIN
SSL:
IMAP4: Use STARTTLS command to start TLS session
Send: (SMTP) Use STARTTLS command to start TLS session
"Use non-blocking SSL" unchecked (checking this had no visible effect)

Proxy: "Use SOCKS Proxy" unchecked
Advanced: SMTP Port 587 checked; IMAP4 port 143 unchecked but being used by
default

Do  I need to supply any further data?

Has anyone else reported difficulties with STARTTLS?

Where to next?

Best Regards
John Angelico