[sylpheed:36507] Re: Mail filters don't work reliably

Ingo Strauch ingo.strauch at gmx.net
Fri Feb 24 16:58:36 JST 2017

Hi Merlin!

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 00:43:50 +0100
Merlin Büge <merlinbuege at web.de> wrote:

> I have several mail filters set up in Sylpheed, primarily to move mails
> from various mailing lists into their corresponding folder.
>
> Sometimes however, some mails slip the filter and end up in the default
> INBOX.

In fact, this just happened to me with your mail ;-)

I have the same problem occasionally (using an IMAP mailbox) but never really recognized a pattern. But I'm rather sure it only happens when I start Sylpheed. As far as I remember, it has never been the case when mails arrived while Sylpheed was up and running.

Whenever it happens I simply apply filters manually from the "Extras" menu. But of course I wouldn't complain if the reason was found and fixed.

Cheers
Ingo

--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."