[sylpheed:36614] Re: how to create a list of e-mail addresses on sylpheed

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Sat Aug 26 16:45:30 JST 2017

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 03:27:57 +0000 (UTC)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 65 students in my class and I would like to create
> a distribution list which will make it possible to send e-mail to all
> of them by not having to add in all of their addresses everytime. How
> do I do this?  Many thanks!

You can "almost" do that using Tools -> Address book:

  1. Create individual contacts (Address -> New Address), one for each
     member of the group.
  2. Create a group (Address -> New Group) and add the addresses to it.

Then, when sending an email:

  3. Open the Address book, select the group, select all the addresses
     in the group and click "To:" once, and then close the Address book.

I don't know if it's possible to put the group name directly as a
recipient.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--