[sylpheed:36540] Re: move searched e-mails to a folder

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Wed Apr 12 03:55:40 JST 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:24:52 +0000 (UTC)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to move all e-mails that have come out from the search of a particular string to a new folder.
> So, I search for "string" and get the results. I want to move all these results to a new folder. Is this possible?
> I can get them all into a "search folder" but the e-mails in the original folder do not seem to go away. And besides, it > is not clear to me what a "search folder" actually is, and how it differs from a regular folder.
> Thanks again!

Hi,

A folder shearch could be called a shortcut folder.

It isn't actually a folder, but could be called a folder that routes
you to the mails with the searched string.

Every time you open that folder, the search is done displaying new
mails matching the search if available.

How to move searched mails? The way you are doing it have done half
of the work.

Search it, save it as a search folder. Select all mails in the search
folder and move to the desired folder. You can do that by creating a
folder first, or creating it when using the move command from the
context menu.

Maybe a little tricky but you may consider that, unless you need
another folder in your OS structure, you have enough with the search
folder.

Regards.