[sylpheed:36348] Re: how do I set to plain text ?

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Sun Sep 13 03:55:40 JST 2015

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 08:42:46 +1000
Marg M <genknut at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I cant find where I set this program to plain text ??
> In OE there is a Format icon for either plain or rich text ( HTML)  I got a couple of emails yesterday that were videos ........ nearly unreadable
>
> Has to be a way of fixing this ????
>
> HELP please

Hi,

Sylpheed shows the incomming mails as plain-text.

When the mail is HTML only, you can set if you want to view it as
text. This could become the unreadable you are talking about. But
still you'll have a button to open it with the browser, for example,
or save it.

If it is multipart (plain text and HTML), you'll see a button in the
top right, in the toolbar area, to switch to plain text or HTML.

When is HTML only, you can set in Settings > Common settings > View
tab > Message tab to view it as text, without any HTML formatting.
(As I have Sylpheed in another language, the above location may be
slightly different (I'm just translating on the fly)).

When sending mails, Sylpheed doesn't use HTML formatting. Just to
mention it.

Regards.