[sylpheed:36362] Re: how to pop gmail WITHOUT setting 'less secure app'

Keith Bainbridge keithrbau at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 16:37:45 JST 2015

On 09/10/15 16:10, Bill Who wrote:
> Using Sylpheed
> if I set 'less secure app' I can pop my gmail,
> how to pop gmail WITHOUT setting 'less secure app' ?

G'day Bill

Open you gmail in a browser

Open Settings|Accounts & Import|Other Google account settings - 3rd
option| Sign-in & Security | scrool down to App passwords - select >

You will be prompted for your password.

Sign in and choose the 'select app' drop-down: mail
then the device dropdown. I don't think it matters much what device you
choose; it's more for your memory.

Click generate, and you'll be given a password of several letters. I
think 4x5.

Past that password into sylpheed (again for your SMTP settings I'd
suggest) and you should be logging in as soon as you save and quit the
sylpheed settings.

--
Keith Bainbridge

keithrbau at gmail.com