[sylpheed:36298] Re: A performance problem (rant).

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Sun Mar 22 21:15:05 JST 2015

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 22:44:00 +1300
John <john at neodoc.biz> wrote:

> Then let's see if Fresh ( http://fresh.flatassembler.net ) can solve
> these "unacceptable problems" you are concerned about.

I can feel, some anger in you (here comes some strange guy and complains about
the great product - it is understandable), but that was not my goal.

(BTW, about Fresh. It is my project and the requirements about its speed and
responsibility are the same I have for Sylpheed. I never have double standards
about software development).

> For my part I've been using this MUA for about 12 years. I simply
> can't see how it one can even begin to compare an email client with
> a browser as you appear to be doing.

I didn't mind "web-browser". I mean "browsing" as a process of examination/exploration/search
of the e-mails in the mail box folders.
In the same way one browse the files in Windows Explorer (not Internet explorer)
and other file managers.

P.S. Well, I am very long standing Sylpheed user as well.

Anyway.

Best Regards

--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net