[sylpheed:36295] Re: A performance problem (rant).

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Sun Mar 22 17:41:13 JST 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:51:33 +0200
John Found <johnfound at asm32.info> wrote:

> I got it. It works. Well, it is some kind of cheating for me, but
> better than nothing. ;)

BTW, it is a cheating, because so big performance degradation shows some
sub-optimal computational complexity (big O(?)) that probably need to be fixed.

One more observation: if the user hides the search panel, the speed degrades instantly.

IMHO, the speed of browsing need not to be tied to the searching features. These two
features of the client are different and need different approach. For example, searching
something (by the "search" feature), the user usually accepts some delay, but delay
during manual browsing (which is actually a visual search by the user itself) affects
the user performance and this way is not acceptable.

--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net
http://asm32.info