[sylpheed:36329] Sylpheed 3.5.0beta3 work offline

Bill 200309 at scshop.com
Sat Aug 15 13:39:06 JST 2015

Linux Mint 17.2 Xfce
Sylpheed 3.5.0beta3

I compiled the beta3 and now Sylpheed ALWAYS starts in 'Work offline'.

I have tried several times to reset the preference:
Configuration > Common Preferences > Details > Other > Offline mode
(o) Start as online ( ) Start as offline ( ) Remember previous mode

I looked in 'sylpheedrc' and did not see any reference to start mode.

I also removed my 'sylpheedrc' and still the same, always starts in 'offline mode'.

How do I get Sylpheed to start in 'online mode'?