[sylpheed:36156] Re: preserve threading in move to different folder

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Sep 13 22:39:43 JST 2014

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 19:56:16 -0700
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, Ctrl-T twice does not do it. However, "Update summary" (Ctrl+Alt+U) brings back the threading. Is there a way to set a default option of preserving threading after a folder move? That would be very helpful otherwise this would be quite taxing to do for every message moved.

I can't help you there.

On the other hand, I only rarely move message by hand. I'm subscribed
to 25+ mailing lists and have filters defined to move the messages
automatically to the folder. I never had any problem with threading
that way.

However, you might get lucky trying Preferences->Common
preferences->Details->Advanced, and enabling 'Enable strict checking'.

John