[sylpheed:36199] Re: Always Start in Offline Mode?

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 16 00:06:09 JST 2014

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:00:15 +0100
Peter Withey <pete at pwithey.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 06:35:51 +0000 (UTC)
> You wrote:
>
> > Hello, Slypheed users!
> >
> > Please let me ask you, is there a way to always start Slypheed in offline
> > mode like there is with Thunderbird? I know there is the option 'Work Offline',
> > but such is not kept when Slypheed is re-started. I would like to remain offline
> > all the time since I am using Slypheed to read saved messages only and not
> > to receive any (as my e-mail provider is no longer in service).
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Carlos Albert
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding you "common preferences> receive and make certain
> "Check new mail on startup" and "Auto-check for new mail" are unchecked. This
> should do what you want.

Hi,

No, Peter, that only would prevent to check mails at startup or
automatically check.

When you want to read IMAP locally cached mails you don't wont
Sylpheed to connect, as when you select a folder, automatically
connects to the server to sync the folder, even if you have the mails
cached.

The only way to prevent this is to go offline (File> work offline or
click the bottom right icon).

As far as I know, and after have a look to sylpheedrc, there is no
way to save the offline status from session to session.

I don't use often but could be handy to have that option.

Regards.