[sylpheed:36021] Re: GnuPG Support: Encrypt to self in Sent Items

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Fri Mar 7 02:35:58 JST 2014

On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 17:27:52 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:24:34 +0100
> Javier <meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es> wrote:
>
> > Actually, PGP-MIME is a recommendation by OpenPGP to ensure easy of
> > use, interoperability and standards. It's better? I wouldn't judge
> > it but not necessarily.
> >
> > But is not as it's being told in that page. In years (over 10)
> > sending inline PGP messages I had 0 problems of the related in that
> > page. Indeed, PGP-MIME messages are armored texts but in separate
> > blocks to conformance with MIME itself. Nothing else, nothing of
> > magic.
>

> Attach some files to a message and then sign the message.
> With PGP-MIME your attachments are signed, with PGP-Inline they are
> not.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Hi,

that doesn't guarantee security but easy of use. We ever signed files
appending signatures or attaching along the signed file and no
problems.

What is the deal now? Isn't more or less secure whether signed
through PGP-MIME or not.

Really.

If the message is compromissed, it is in both ways.

Regards.