[sylpheed:36072] Re: (no subject)

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 05:31:54 JST 2014

I doubt there is a majority of users that would want to omit the subject line altogether.  A majority of the users I imagine use the subject line so the confirmation message is not an issue at all to them.

At the very least the confirmation message box should be truthful.  Instead of "Are you sure you want to send the email without a subject line?", it should actually say "Any  users that do not comply with the wishes of the majority will be harassed with this message until they comply". I think we can all agree that is the only reason there is no way to disable it, to "encourage" users.   But why stop there, if a user does not use a subject line, why not use "Enhanced Encouragement" and just crash their computer?  You could really get compliance fast that way and we could spare others the annoyance of no subject line.

Like I said earlier, I have been unable to find another email client that does not present this message and I prefer Sylpheed overall.

.