[sylpheed:36131] IMAP full text search functionality

G H uothrawn at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 23:20:19 JST 2014

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that Sylpheed doesn't support IMAP search functionality. I have a mailbox with about 40GB of mail, and attempting to do a recursive search causes sylpheed to download every message individually. It should be running an IMAP query like:

. SEARCH TEXT "the" BEFORE 1-Nov-2009

This causes the IMAP server to perform the search, which would have its own index (Dovecot supports this, for example). Then the client would not need to download every messages' full body.

Should I file a bug report on this matter?

Thanks,
G H