[sylpheed:36126] Re: Duplicate Inbox Folder

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 10 07:03:39 JST 2014

Martin Vegter <martin.vegter at aol.com> wrote in
news:53BD99B9.9020403 at aol.com:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Sylpheed + IMAP to connect to my mail server (Postfix +
> Maildir + Dovecot).
> On my server in the user's mail directory (~/mail/), there are 5
> folders:
>
>  ~/mail/Archive
>  ~/mail/Draft
>  ~/mail/Inbox
>  ~/mail/Sent
>  ~/mail/Trash
>
> In Sylpheed, I can  see all 5 folders all right, but I see Inbox
> twice - see attached screenshot.
> Both inbox folder contain the same messages, but I am unable to
> delete either of those.
>
> Can somebody please advise how to get rid of the duplicate folder?
>
> thanks,
> Martin

Hi,

That happened to me too with Yahoo.

You only need to set the inbox folder (the blue with normal folder
icon) to inbox type folder. Right clic over it and set it in
properties.

In some ways, this "bug" is similar as what I reported with
Hotmail/Outlook. There, it creates a new Trash folder. Here, it
doesn't "append" to the servers inbox to set as inbox.

It won't be better to made this manually and let users set what is
each folder, but sometimes, as seen, let Sylpheed do automatically
creates this kind of weird behavior or problems.

Regards.

P.S.: Hey, guys, am I the only one who, sometimes, doesn't receive
messages from this list (in any folder, they just don't arrive) like
this one? The only way I have to read and reply them is through
Gmane NNTP server :(