[sylpheed:35957] Re: 1) PGP Signatures, 2) S/MIME support

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 23 06:12:43 JST 2014

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:22:05 +0100
Frank Elsner <Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

> > Thunderbird (probably because of enigmail as not being set to MIME)
> > it's not making a multipart mail, so doesn't make boundaries to the
> > PGP message block. In other words, it's sending inline PGP message
> > block, not a multipart, not MIME, so, not able to decrypt by Sylpheed+GPG.
>
> Thanks, Javier.
> Meanwhile I found that I have to tell TB to use "PGP/MIME".
> Unfortunately I have to set it for each message, no permanent setting possible.

HI,

I'd swear (I don't use it, but a friend does) that Enigmail can be set as
PGP/MIME, at least in Windows.

Should be this option, according to its page. I guess the
extension shouldn't differ much from other platforms. Actually, I don't know
if in Linux is differnet. But that is the option to set to avoid to check every time if
it is available.

https://www.enigmail.net/documentation/per-account.php

Regards.