[sylpheed:36008] Re: Fw: Mail Notification or Popup with brief display of "subject" - bump

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 02:22:01 JST 2014

On Mon, 2/17/14, stef <stef_204 at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: [sylpheed:36007] Re: Fw: Mail Notification or Popup with brief	display of "subject" - bump
 To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
 Date: Monday, February 17, 2014, 7:53 AM

 On Mon, 2/17/14, Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net>
 wrote:

  I located, somewhere on
  the
 Internet, a shell script that someone wrote

 called 3m that uses /usr/bin/wish to put up a
  small window with whatever

 message you want.
  I have attached the
 script at the bottom.

  For
 example, in response to
  the commands,

  [craig ~]$ 3m
  "Emails received:

 email 1: Good
  morning, are you up?
  > email 2: Today is

 Monday!
  > email 3: part XYZ at
 $55"
  &

  I produces the window
  in the
 attached screenshot.

  Craig

I tried that script but cannot get it to work.
I downloaded and installed tk so I would have wish.
and I stuck the script in my home directory, made it executable, etc.
No joy tho on executing it....

wish is in my path... but nothing happens when trying to execute script.
are you just using the command "3m" to bring up the window?