[sylpheed:35997] Re: setting up imap in sylpheed 3.4.0beta7

Franklin McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 14 02:32:59 JST 2014

On 13/02/14 11:02 AM, Celejar wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:02:32 -0500
> Franklin McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca> wrote:
>

>> Been trying to setup IMAP in Sylpheed  without much success.
>> I have created two IMAP accounts which work - gmail and fastmail but
>> it seems no matter which options I choose for my local provider,
>> videotron.ca, they don't work.
>
> Logs. Go to Tools -> Log Window to see what's happening.

    In case you missed it....I had changed passwords for my accounts
at videotron.ca and (at my age it's not unusual)
had forgotten about it.
The proper password enabled imap logins. But I really don't like the way
Sylpheed sets-up the directories. On top I have MH mail directory, and
its sub-directories. Under that I have complete directories for each of
the imap accounts. Of what use is the topmost directory ? May go back to
Thunderbird because of that.

Is there somewhere I can paste a screenshot to make it more clear ?