[sylpheed:36134] Corrupted message cache when synching over unstable connections

Stefan A. stefan.a at portblue.net
Fri Aug 15 22:28:30 JST 2014

I have recently noticed that Sylpheed tends to corrupt messages during
download when I'm on unstable/bad connections. When I sync my IMAP
mailbox over mobile networks, for example, message bodies sometimes
come out blank or part of the body is truncated when there is a hiccup
on the connection. There is no way to actually notice this unless the
specific message is opened and examined manually. The corrupted file is
stored locally in the /.sylpheed/imapcache folder and needs to be
deleted *manually* in order for Sylpheed to download the message again.

Have others noticed such problems? Are there ways to re-sync the inbox
completely and check for various inconsistencies automatically?
I'll be happy to run any tests to help fix this problem.

(I'm using Sylpheed 3.4.0 beta 7 on Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit), installed
through the official repos.)

--
Stefan A. <stefan.a at portblue.net>