[sylpheed:36056] Re: File locking

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu Apr 24 10:29:16 JST 2014

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:51:57 -0400
Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been unable to find documentation of what method Sylpheed uses,
> or whether this is configurable. Can anyone shed light on this? Am I
> doing something wrong to begin with here? [I know some people recommend
> against using mbox at all these days, and that there are other ways of
> handling the getmail / Sylpheed interaction.]

Sylpheed uses flock()* to lock mbox.
Run sylpheed with --debug option, and check whether something is going wrong or not.

http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/projects/sylpheed/repository/entry/libsylph/mbox.c

(* if flock() is unavailable, lockf() is used. Usually flock() is available on Linux)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>