[sylpheed:36043] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.4.1 released (important)

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 6 01:57:39 JST 2014

During the day and evening yesterday, after installing the Win32
version of 3.4.1, I had four occasions where a server couldn't be seen
by any of my several email and newsgroup accounts via Get All.  At the
same time, all were being seen by Mailwasher Pro, which has the same
settings, so it was not the ISP (and I called to check).

I was able to isolate the problem to Comodo CIS, probably the
anti-virus program. Excluding sylpheed.exe there (for the first time
ever) seemed to solve it, but the problem returned later.  At that
point, I temporarily disabled its anti-virus and firewall function,
which restored things to normal.  I've been assuming a Comodo update
was the likely culprit, but given that it was also Sylpheed 3.4.1's
first day, I think it's worth mentioning here.  Anyone else experience
this?

Gene