[sylpheed:35788] Re: Sylpheed

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Thu Sep 5 04:22:55 JST 2013

Good to know, thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: sylpheed-bounces at sraoss.jp [mailto:sylpheed-bounces at sraoss.jp] On
Behalf Of Tatsuo Ishii
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:41 PM
To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
Subject: [sylpheed:35777] Re: Sylpheed

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 21:28:19 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 18:42:26 -0700 "cgw993 at aol.com" <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:
>

> > I have noticed that Sylpheed's search is about a billion times
> > faster and more reliable than Outlook 2010. Just wanted to say job
> > well done to the developers.
>
> That would be Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> and colleagues
> (there is quite a list of contributors, but Hiroyuki is the head man).

Hi, I am Tatsuo Ishii, working with Hiroyuki.

There is a commercial version of Sylpheed called "Sylpheed Pro", which is
also created by Hiroyuki. The product is sold from SRA OSS, Inc.
Japan, which he is working for. Sylpheed Pro is even much faster than
Sylpheed in searching messages. Also it can search attached files, including
MS Office files, PDF and OpenOffice files. Currently Sylpheed Pro is mainly
sold in Japan.
If there's more people who wish to buy Sylpheed Pro in the world, that would
be very helpfull for Hiroyuki to develop sylpheed because more time for
sylpheed development will be given to him by the company:-) So, please say
"I want Sylpheed Pro" if you like. If there's enough interest, we could
create an English page for Sylpheed Pro so that you could evaluate and buy
it.

The trial version of Sylpheed Pro can be available from:
https://www.sraoss.co.jp/prod_serv/package/sylpheed-pro/download.php
(Japanse only for now. Sorry for this).

Thank you,
--