[sylpheed:35780] Sylpheed Pro (was: Re: Re: Sylpheed)

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Wed Sep 4 17:18:17 JST 2013

  Hi Tatsuo,

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 02:41:18PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
[...]
> Hi, I am Tatsuo Ishii, working with Hiroyuki.
>
> There is a commercial version of Sylpheed called "Sylpheed Pro", which
> is also created by Hiroyuki. The product is sold from SRA OSS, Inc.
> Japan, which he is working for. Sylpheed Pro is even much faster than
> Sylpheed in searching messages. Also it
> can search attached files, including MS Office files, PDF and
> OpenOffice files. Currently Sylpheed Pro is mainly sold in Japan.
> If there's more people who wish to buy Sylpheed Pro in the world,
> that would be very helpfull for Hiroyuki to
> develop sylpheed because more time for sylpheed development will be
> given to him by the company:-) So, please say "I want Sylpheed Pro" if
> you like. If there's enough interest, we could create an English page
> for Sylpheed Pro so that you could evaluate and buy it.

  Without trying to meddle with your marketting policies, I think you
usually make the publicity (the page) to attract customers, specially
the ones not currently interested which surely cannot read Japanese.

  Waiting for customers to make the page seems a bit weird, but maybe
it's just me :)

> The trial version of Sylpheed Pro can be available from:
> https://www.sraoss.co.jp/prod_serv/package/sylpheed-pro/download.php
> (Japanse only for now. Sorry for this).

  Under which license is the Pro version released? Is the source code
available?

  I don't read Japanese, and see no reference to licensing on the pages'
source code.

  Thanks in advance,
--
  Ricardo Mones