[sylpheed:35828] Re: Suggestion/Request about Re-edit

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Oct 29 18:17:50 JST 2013

Hello,

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:55:06 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hiro - I don't know about others, but I often move Sent emails to other
> folders, whether one of my own or trash.  Sometimes later I need to
> re-send the email or use it as a template for another. It would help
> make Sylpheed more efficient to use if Re-edit were a choice in the
> email's context menu from all folders, not just from Sent.  Currently,
> since Redirect doesn't allow editing, I either have to move the email
> back to Sent or work around it by using Forward.

'Re-edit' function is intentionally restricted to sent/draft/queue folders
from the viewpoint of fail-safe/fool-proof.

It's easy to add every context menu 'Re-edit' (actually there are extra codes
to disable it on normal folders), but I think it's not good that users
accidentally re-editing messages sent by others.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>