[sylpheed:35659] sylpheed and sylfilter

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 21:48:54 JST 2013

Dear Hiroyuku and others,

I am using sylpheed with sylfilter. For a particular e-mail I get the following:

% sylfilter Mail/inbox/5972
Mail/inbox/5972: This is a junk mail (prob: 1.000000)

It appears therefore that sylfilter classifies junk mail correctly (in this case).
However, sylpheed does not actually put it in the Junk folder. Here is what I have set up in the sylpheed preferences:

Enable Junk mail control checked

Learning command:
Junk: sylfilter -j
Not Junk: sylfilter -c
Classifying command: sylfilter

To classify junk mails automatically, both junk and not junk mail will be moved to this folder. If empty, the default junk folder will be used.
Filter messages classified as junk on receiving (checked)
Filter junk mails before normal filtering (checked)
Delete junk mails from server on receiving (checked)
Mark filtered junk mails as read (checked)

I am a little confused as to why the moving the mail into the junk filter does not work. What do I have to do additionally to make this filtering work?

I am using sylfilter version 0.8 configured as follows:

./configure --with-libsylph=sylpheed --with-libsylph-dir=/usr

I am using sylpheed version 3.3.0 from the Fedora 18 repos.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!