[sylpheed:35630] Sylpheed "looses" filters

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Wed Mar 27 01:29:54 JST 2013

Hello,

try the following (on Windows):

- select a message from then Inbox
- right-click, select "define filter - automatically"
- define the filter, but do not close the dialog box with the lists of
all filters afterwards
- terminate Sylpheed "abnormally" (by killing it from the process
manager)

Upon restarting Sylpheed, the list of filters is empty, all filters are
lost.

Since Windows frequently gets hickups, especially when doing I/O (such
as writing to disk), it does so sometimes right in the moment when I
just have defined a new filter, so Sylpheed gets terminated abnormally
(not by me, it's just this §$%&@#! non-operating system that locks up)
and all my filter are lost. Which is annoying, since I have several
hundreds of filters. And by the time I notice it, all filter.xml.bak
files have been overwritten with an empty filter list.

Another bug I frequently encounter on Windows is that when I open a
message from the "drafts" folder (postponed reply), it is read-only and
menus as well as buttons are missing. The same happens quite frequently
when I reply to messages - the reply message window is read-only, I
can't edit anything and menus as well as buttons are missing. The
workaround is to close the window and re-open it, the second times it
is usually ok.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang