[sylpheed:35622] Re: sylfilter

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Mar 19 11:36:40 JST 2013

Hello,

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 06:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I still get the following error with
>
> ./configure
>
> checking for shared library run path origin... /bin/sh: ./config.rpath: No such file or directory
>
> I am able to get around this by doing a
>
> touch config.rpath
>
> Regardless, I am able to compile however.

I see this error too. It seems that it is not necessarily required,
but I have added it anyway (from gettext).

> with
>
> ./configure --with-libsylph=sylpheed
>
> I get the same above error message, but the consequences are more dire:
>
> make:
> textcontent-filter.c:22:32: fatal error: sylph/procheader.h: No such file or directory
>
> of course using the following gets this error out of the way, but I was compiling on a default installation (on Fedora 18) so would be nice to have this default behaviour work.
>
> ./configure --with-libsylph=sylpheed --includedir=/usr/include/sylpheed

Better version:

./configure --with-libsylph=sylpheed --with-libsylph-dir=/usr

> PS: Beyond enabling junk mail filtering in sylpheed's configuration preferences, is anything else needed to get this to work? It does not seem to be doing anything in sylpheed.

Did you make sylfilter study both junk and non-junk mails?
You can test sylfilter like this:

$ sylfilter ~/Mail/junk/1
/home/hiro/Mail/junk/1: This is a junk mail (prob: 0.998406)
$ sylfilter ~/Mail/inbox/10000
/home/hiro/Mail/inbox/10000: This is a clean mail (prob: 0.000000)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>