[sylpheed:35606] Re: sylfilter

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 23:57:00 JST 2013

Dear Hiroyuku,

Thank you very much!

--- On Wed, 3/6/13, Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> builtin: if you want to use sylfilter without installing
> Sylpheed
> sylpheed: if you want to use sylfilter with Sylpheed. The
> file size of
>           executable will be
> smaller than builtin.

Interesting:

./configure --with-libsylph=sylpheed
make
ll src/sylfilter
-rwxrwxr-x. 1 trotter trotter 5.0K Mar  6 08:47 src/sylfilter*

./configure
make
ll src/sylfilter
-rwxrwxr-x. 1 trotter trotter 5.0K Mar  6 08:49 src/sylfilter*

Both are the same size. No error reported in any step. I tried this on both my 32-bit and 64-bit machines, both running Fedora 18.
I have sylpheed 3.3 and sylpheed3.3 development RPMS installed.
Is there any option I am missing?

For eg, do I need to compile with-libsylph-dir when I am doing sylpheed (if so, to what, if not, is there a default?) or --with-PACKAGE=sylpheed, etc? What does --with-PACKAGE do? Is sylpheed the default?

Many thanks!
Trotter