[sylpheed:35583] junk mail control in sylpheed

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 15:13:32 JST 2013

Dear Hiroyuku,

I have been using sylpheed for about 1.5 years but I have not been able to use the junk mail control successfully yet. I am using the fedora-provided rpm (Fedora 18, Fedora 17 and 16 before that).

So, here is what I do:

I go Configuration->Common Preferences->Junk mail

I enable junk mail control.
Then I use the Learning command:   sylfilter.
The rest are all filled in:
Junk: sylfilter -j
Not junk: sylfilter -c
Classifying command: sylfilter

I put the Junk folder as #mh/Mailbox/trash (also tried #mh/Mailbox/Junk. (Both directories exist.)

I then also click the:
Filter messages on receivintg
Filter junk mails before normal filtering
Delete Junk mails from server on receiving
Mark filtered junk mails as read

I use apply, etc.

However, when I actually try to manually classify mail as junk, i get the following:

Error: Execution of the junk mail filter command failed. Please check the junk mail control setting.

What am I doing wrong? I am using stable version 3.3.

Using bogofilter instead of sylfilter, does not give me the error, but while messages get classified as junk after clicking, there seems to be no effect on spam mail at all.

Any pointers on either? Getting sylfilter to work would be more desirable for me.

Best wishes!