[sylpheed:35735] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 23:19:13 JST 2013

 wrote:

 > > For your new question, use the search box above
 the the email listing
 > > pane, or "Search messages... Shift+Ctrl+F". Those
 will list in the
 > > email listing pane only the emails that meet your
 search criteria.

 > RESPONSE: Having done this, can I actually move all the
 e-mails
 > matching this (general) search criteria to a new
 folder. In claws, you
 > can. I can not do this in sylpheed.

 Yes, you can actually move the emails matching the search
 criteria to a
 new folder. Once you have a listing of emails to be moved,
 type Ctrl-A to
 select all of them, click somewhere on the highlighted list,
 and drag to
 your new folder in the folder pane.

RESPONSE:

OK, this works? Here is exactly what I am doing:

use ctrl-shift-f to open the search window
type some search criterion
get a listing
click on one and then ctrl-a (all are selected)
clicking on them in any way deselects

however, if i click on two or more items (not as part of the search) but part of the e-mail list then I can select and act upon just fine.