[sylpheed:35717] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 03:09:24 JST 2013

On Wed, 7/31/13, Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:

 Subject: [sylpheed:35715] Re: selecting all mails matching certain fields
 To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
 Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 12:55 PM

 On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 09:46:58 -0700
 (PDT)
 Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com>
 wrote:
 > OK, let me refine my question a little. I can select
 all using Ctrl-A (correct). How do I select them and do
 something with them? Such as move them to a folder? Ctrl-A
 selects, but Ctrl-O or the third mouse button does not have
 any effect for me. (running S3.4beta4).

 > Is there a setting I am missing?

 My right mouse button brings up the expected menu (including
 Move...) and
 Ctrl-O brings up the folder list

This happens after the results of a search? So, lets go over this: you use ctrl-f to bring up the find window and then get a list of e-mails that match your search criterion. Then what do you do?

 so this is unlikely to be a
 Sylpheed issue.
 (I'm on Version 3.3.0 (Build 1142).)

 It might be a windowpane focus issue; I have to click in the
 pane listing
 the emails before I can select any of them, but once
 selected all works
 exactly as it does in the full list of messages.

I have tried this with click to focus as well as focus follows mouse but get the same results. In my case, I get a list of these e-mails as a result of my search (ctrl-f). Then, I can hit ctrl-a to get all but no way to act on all of them after that. If I click with my left mouse button, the selection in the ctrl-f window gets deselected and only the clicked message stays highlighted.

 Can you select a message or set of messages in the usual
 mail list (not
 the results of a search) and pull up the right-click menu or
 do a Ctrl-O?

Yes, this works fine for me.