[sylpheed:35460] Re: how to move selected mails (obtained using search) from one folder to the other

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 22:42:34 JST 2012

--- On Thu, 9/27/12, Keith Bainbridge <keithrbaugroups at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Keith Bainbridge <keithrbaugroups at gmail.com>
> Subject: [sylpheed:35459] Re: how to move selected mails (obtained using search) from one folder to the other
> To: sylpheed at sraoss.jp
> Date: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 5:47 AM
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:12:52 -0700
> (PDT) Globe Trotter
> <itsme_410 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question about something which I have had for
> a long time
> > and have not been able to resolve on my own.
> >
> > I am in the inbox folder. I want to get all the e-mails
> that came
> > from John Doe. So I do a search (Ctrl-F) using John Doe
> in the From:
> > field. I get a listing of the e-mails in the search
> window. Now I
> > want to move all these e-mails to a folder called
> JohnDoe (which
> > already exists). How do I achieve this in one shot
> (using as few key
> > strokes as possible, say)?
> >
> > Many thanks for any advice!
>

> G'day
>
> How about you create a filter and get that to move your
> notes

It seems a lot of effort to tie in specific actions with having to create a filter. Specifically, if we have to delete all these messages, we have to create a filter.

Why not create an option in the search that will highlight all the messages in the folder? Then one can take care of it in whatever way (move to a folder, delete, etc) is usually done?

I believe that this is possible in claws-mail. Is this possible in sylpheed?

Many thanks again!