[sylpheed:35482] Re: How to change fonts

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 3 09:45:01 JST 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 20:34:59 -0400
Ray Jones <jwilton at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Just got version 3.2 up & working.  However, cannot get the fonts to
> change using the external program as specified.  How can I get the
> fonts a little larger for received mail and also for composing mail.
> Thanks for your help,
> Ray

To a font last year, Hiro replied:

"Edit %APPDATA%\Sylpheed\sylpheedrc by any text editor.
Find and modify or rename the following line:

message_font_name=Monospace 12

Anyway, Monospace is an abstract font, and it will be automatically
replaced by any installed fixed-width font on display. It is
recommended to choose your favorite font.

To change the font of folder list, you have to create/modify gtkrc
file, or modify system-wide display property."

Hope that helps,
Gene