[sylpheed:35265] Re: Mailto syntax (Opera)

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:09:34 JST 2012

On 5/17/2012 1:53 AM, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2012 00:31:16 -0400
> "Michael A. Puls II" <shadow2531 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/16/2012 3:26 PM, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
>>> What I mentioned about having to click rapidly numerous times to
>>> get a compose window to open when Sylpheed is already running
>>> applies not only to Opera, but also Waterfox 12 and IE9.  That's
>>> with Windows set at single click opening.
>>
>> Are you saying it works fine when you turn off single-click opening
>> in explorer?
>
> No. I'm saying that I have single click set in Windows, which works
> everywhere but the Sys Tray and with opening a compose window when
> Sylpheed is running.  The Sys Tray still requires a double click, while
> the compose window needs multiple clicks.

Well, having single-click set in Windows shouldn't have anything to do with:

* Clicking on a mailto link in a web page (or typing one in the address
field and pressing ENTER) in Opera (or any browser) and having it launch
in Sylpheed (whether it's open or not).

* The systray icon behavior and it's compose option in the menu.

* The "write" button in Sylpheed itself.

* start mailto:test in a command prompt.

* or anything.

So, I didn't understand why you mentioned it.

But, for the mailto link you're clicking on in browsers, what web page
is it on so I can test too to make sure it's not something with that
particular mailto link that Sylpheed doesn't like.

Either way though, I can reproduce any of these problems.

--
Michael