[sylpheed:35248] Re: Mailto syntax (Opera)

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 14:04:13 JST 2012

On 5/10/2012 12:32 AM, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> Neither.  There was no mailto entry in Opera prefs.  Just Sylpheed set as default in Set Your Default Programs.  Perhaps the registry problem is the obstacle for getting past that.

At your own risk, you can import the reg file in
<http://files.myopera.com/burnout426/files/mailto_win7x64_gene.zip>. It
contains the mailto reg settings on my Win7 x64 system where Sylpheed is
set as the default mail client. You can view the reg file in a text
editor to see what's in it first. Most of it is human-readable.

If you don't want to import it, you can at least look at the keys and
then manually add them to the registry.

But, also test with a standalone installation of Opera
<http://my.opera.com/operawiki/forums/topic.dml?id=1306882> to see how
it works in there before messing with your regular profile.

--
Michael