[sylpheed:35220] Re: Cannot delete a folder from gui

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed May 2 10:29:21 JST 2012

Hello,

On Tue, 1 May 2012 11:18:07 -0700
Dennis Carr <dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net> wrote:

> Runnin Debian Linux, stable, compiled version of Sylpheed 3.1.4.
>
> I currently have an old IMAP folder tree in my folders, but it is not
> associated with an account.  I seem to be unable to remove said tree,
> as well, with the usual method of right-click and selecting delete
> (the delete option is not available). Any time I attempt to left-click
> on a folder within, Sylpheed tells me it could not establish a
> connection with the server.
>
> I'm guessing that I had removed the account related to this, but the
> tree did not get taken with it.
>
> So all this said, how do I remove this folder tree so as I can get it
> out of the way?

1. Select the root IMAP4 folder.
2. Select 'File - Mailbox - Remove mailbox' in the menu,

If the above doesn't work:

3. Quit Sylpheed.
4. editor ~/.sylpheed-2.0/folderlist.xml
5. Remove the unneeded block of <folder ...> ~ </folder>.
   <folder type="imap" name="..." ...>
   </folder>

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>