[sylpheed:35176] IMAP4 with GSSAPI authentication

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at mega-nerd.com
Wed Mar 21 07:50:20 JST 2012

Hi all,

I've been using Sylpheed for many years, and I am now trying to connect
to a new (to me an my machine) Exchange IMAP server which announces:

    CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+

but for which PLAIN authorisation fails.

With a bit of googling I found that claws-mail is supposed to support
GSSAPI so I tried that client and it seems to work, but I was getting
numerous GUI bugs and finally a segfault.

If I port the GSSAPI implementation from claws-mail into sylpheed, would
that be accepted as a patch?

Cheers,
Erik