[sylpheed:35338] Re: 3.2 RC Win32 - What happened to received attachments in Message View?

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 27 09:48:33 JST 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:25:03 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> 3.2.0b9 notes: "In this release, the UI for Attachments tab was
> changed to save the space."
>
> So where are the HTML and file attachments now in message view?  I've
> seen some emails with file attachments showing within, but have lots
> of that do have attachments but they don't show anywhere I can find.

Ok, now I found it.  It's this little icon way to the far right.
Not at all obvious.

Speaking for myself and the way I use the UI visually, this is
not saving space!  That Attachments tab was (is) invaluable, a direct
visual for when I need to tell what's there.  With the new change, I
have to either leave the attachment view open all the time, which means
using more even space though it's unnecessary half or more of the time,
or have to refocus my attention up to check if there is a small
attachment symbol next to the email in the list and then open the icon
on the right. The latter may work for some others, but for me it is
neither a visually nor mechanically efficient way to work.

I'd like to see a preference setting on this under Common Prefs.

Gene