[sylpheed:35382] Gmail account failure

Claudiu Tanaselia claudiu2 at tanaselia.ro
Wed Jul 4 04:28:14 JST 2012

Hello,

I'm running Sylpheed v3.1.2 in OpenBSD 5.1 (from packages). After successfully adding one IMAP4 GMail account and one IMAP4 Google Apps, Sylpheed will fail to add another Google Apps IMAP4 account. It's added, but it behaves like the password is wrong and it doesn't connect or display folder tree structure (when forcing to, I get "Rebuilding of the folder tree failed."). I've tried with both account password and with application-specific password, generated by the two step verification system, it behaves the same. The first Google Apps account that was successfully added had no problem with application-specific password. Restarting Sylpheed or deleting and re-adding the account did not help. I've also tried skipping the wizard and adding the account manually. No effect.

Any hints on how could I solve this issue?

Regards,
Claudiu.