[sylpheed:35093] Compile Sylpheed as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

Michal G. guziemic.spam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:02:37 JST 2012

Hi,

I've been investigating a possibility of Sylpheed cross-compilation for
Linux X-less device (ARM) and use it as dynamic library that will provide
me possibility to expose API that could be utilize by HMI layer.

1)    Is it possible to compile Sylpheed without any user interface (pure
–headless)? Or how much work would that require?
2)    Does Sylpheed architecture allows doing such split – mail supporting
functionality and GUI that is provided by me? I do not have possibility to
use GTK with my platform.
3)    Is it possible to eliminate all unnecessary libs and resources?
They’re using valuable device resources and may cause compilation problems.
4)    If I’m about hacking the build process to my needs (removing
dependencies) where should I start?

Best regards,
Michal Guzieniuk