[sylpheed:35089] Re: HELP! I need to use IMAP!

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Jan 23 17:34:33 JST 2012

Hello,

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:40:28 +0000
Laurence Darby <ldarby at tuffmail.com> wrote:

> So for some reason, Sylpheed isn't sending the password, but LOGOUT
> instead.  That smells like a bug to me, so I looked through

Sylpheed immediately tries to LOGOUT if the response to AUTHENTICATE
command is wrong. Sylpheed should handle it more gracefully.

> libsylph/imap.c, and I found line 3887:
>
> 	if (ok != IMAP_SUCCESS || buf[0] != '+' || buf[1] != ' ') {
>
> which is checking for a trailing space after the +,  but there isn't
> one in your log, and there is in mine.  Try changing it to
>
> 	if (ok != IMAP_SUCCESS || buf[0] != '+') {
>
> recompile and see if that helps.

According to RFC 4959, "+" should be followed by " ", but I'm not sure
it is MUST or not.

            ... client connects to server and negotiates a TLS
           protection layer ...
        C: C01 CAPABILITY
        S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR AUTH=PLAIN
        S: C01 OK Completed
        C: A01 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
            (note that there is a space following the "+" in the
           following line)
        S: +
        C: dGVzdAB0ZXN0AHRlc3Q=
        S: A01 OK Success (tls protection)